Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Spring Break "Project"

So it has been spring break this week which means no subbing and my inevitable "break" sickness.  While feeling like I'm dying, I have had some time to gather what is necessary for a new project I am taking on.  I bought fresh copies of the books that I would like to/might have to teach for high school English.  From now on, there will be no "pleasure reading" until I read and annotate each of these books.  I've started on my first one...here are the ones on the list:
*To Kill A Mocking Bird by Harper Lee
*Lord of the Flies by William Golding
*I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
*Life of Pi by Yann Martel
*Raisin in the Sun by Lorraine Hansberry
*Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
*Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
*Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
*Death of a Salesman by Aurthur Miller
*Animal Farm by George Orwell
*The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
*The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

Luckily I have a few others from my senior year that are well annotated, such as Pleasure of My Company by Steve Martin, The Stranger by Camus, Demian by Hesse, and If I Die in a Combat Zone by O'Brien.  On the list is 12 books.  My hopes are to finish them by the end of my first year at state.  Think I'll make it?  We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment